top of page
Walton Township History- Speculators began making land entries in the area that became Walton Township as early as 1832. Captain James W. Hickok became the first settler in 1836, and was the first postmaster of what was then known as East Bellevue. Walton Township was organized in 1839, with the second settler, Parlery P. Shumway as the first supervisor.
Walton Township is now home to about 2300 people.
bottom of page